Friday, January 07, 2005

My Dinner Table - No Place For Amateurs

Yesterday was my birthday, and the discussion around the dinner table turned to frog legs...

DP: We used to hunt frogs at the pond with this three-pronged spear. My dad would shine a flashlight in their faces to stun 'em, then we'd spear 'em and throw 'em in this mesh basket that they couldn't get out of.

ZP: Frogs are cute and cuddly, who'd want to eat them.

SG: Frogs are cute and cuddly?

ZP: Yeah. And how'd you like to be one of those frogs?

SG: I'd be hopping mad.

Nothing better than a good pun, especially if it's at the expense of an unfortunate frog. My sister Linda says that the pun is the lowest form of humor, to which I reply, "That's because you didn't think of it first."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Question #1: DP and ZP, are these initials for a couple Columbus Gold working girls that you had up for dinner?
Question #2: "So, you two are sisters?"
Question #3: You did a frog once, didn't you?

Sam said...

Yes, yes and yes.

Anonymous said...

You are the punniest person I know.