Wednesday, January 25, 2006

The Bellevue Connection






First picture: Dennis (Houston, Texas), Joe (Gulf Coast of Florida), me, Mike (Gulf Coast of Florida) and Chuck (Las Vegas, Nevada). I think all 4 of them had my mother as their 2nd grade teacher, and I was in the other 2nd grade class at the Immaculate Conception School. Of the five of us in this picture, four of us actually graduated from ICS at the end of 8th grade. Can you guess which one didn't? (Hint: He lasted until about 3rd grade. It's still not clear to me if his Dad pulled him out or the nuns kicked him out.)

Second picture: My reaction to the George McGovern button given to me by sister Linda. One of the great mysteries of life: how can someone so intelligent be so liberal? (Hint: People can be intelligent in different ways, much to my consternation. She's the same sister I referred to in an earlier post -- she thinks the pun is the lowest form of humor!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't believe you came down for your 50th to Florida 3 weeks ago and didn't call me. We could have flown down to Ft Lauderdale to join in your celebration. You don't write - you don't call..........

Fred