Sunday, December 27, 2009

The Annual Post Christmas Post




Christmas 1956...from left to right: Linda, Thom, me and Diane. (This was several years before Thom broke his radio and somehow convinced me to trade my good radio for it.)

It's now 53 years later, and Beatrice is older than I was when that picture was taken. And judging by this clip and picture, I'd say the technology has improved somewhat. You couldn't even take movies with your phone back in those days. I just don't know HOW we survived!




Each year, there seems to be a Christmas gift that stands out, and this year is no exception. It turns out that Dorothy hired an artist go out to Wyndanwood to create two oil paintings. It was left to the artist to determine the views, and surprisingly, the pond did not make it into either painting. But they are just beautiful, and my challenge is to find an appropriate place to hang them. These photos do not do justice, but feast your eyes...


2 comments:

Yorkshire Pudding said...

Are you planning to turn Wyndanwood into a theme park? If so, I volunteer to be the landlord of the traditional English pub that will no doubt overlook the pond - "The Golden Hill Tavern". Beer will be free and women customers will be allowed to French kiss the landlord for charity...Loved the 1956 photograph by the way...How times have changed...

rhymeswithplague said...

Beautiful! (Both Beatrice and Wyndanwood)