Thursday, January 08, 2009

Zzzzzzzz...

Ten things you might say when caught sleeping in the office:


1. They told me at the blood bank this might happen.

2. This is just a 15 minute power-nap like they raved about in the last time management course you sent me to.

3. Whew! Guess I left the top off the liquid paper.

4. I wasn't sleeping! I was meditating on the mission statement and envisioning a new paradigm!

5. This is one of the seven habits of highly effective people.

6. I was doing a highly specific Yoga exercise to relieve work related stress.

7. Someone must've put decaf in the wrong pot.

8. Boy, that cold medicine I took last night just won't wear off!

9. Ah, the unique and unpredictable circadian rhythms of the workaholic.

10. Amen.

4 comments:

Kate said...

Ah, back at work Sam?

I'm really enjoying your new camera and your 'new' eyes!
The Cocoa beach panorama was particularly interesting.

rhymeswithplague said...

Too funny!

Sam said...

Yes, unfortunately, back to work!

Yorkshire Pudding said...

Ya see boss - this is just goes to prove that the job is not stimulating enough for my prodigious talents! It shows that you need to seriously think about promoting me to a role that is fulfilling and would never invite sleep! So ya can see bossman/bosswoman me falling asleep is largely your fault!