Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Election Day


My plan this morning was to be at my polling place when it opened (6:30 AM) so I could vote, go back home to eat some breakfast, then head out to the golf course for the traditional election day lobbyist golf outing. And I was up in plenty of time, but I sat around drinking coffee and reading the paper, and doing the crosswords, before hopping into the shower.

Hence, my procrastination got me to the polls at 6:35 AM -- not real late, but enough that it allowed about 90 people to get ahead of me in the line. I voted and left the polling place at 7:40 AM. I have a feeling that vote counting will not be completed until very late tonight -- turnout is going to be probably the highest it's ever been.

One notable thing about standing in line this morning -- I didn't hear a single person complain about the wait. You've gotta love democracy, even when things don't go your way.

1 comment:

rhymeswithplague said...

My wife and I voted a week ago at the local library, but we still had nearly a two-hour wait. We were part of the rush that went early to beat the rush.