Sunday, June 14, 2009

Achieving Dreams

This picture was taken in May of 1982...a young father graduating from college, his dreams for his young daughter apparent.




Fast forward 27 years to yesterday.



I'm happy to say that Natalie can now put the initials "MBA" after her name if she so chooses. I give her a lot of credit -- working full-time, attending school 10 or 12 hours per week (and all that goes along with that), traveling, running, getting SCUBA certified, running a conversational German club, and so on and so forth -- and she completed her MBA on schedule.

I couldn't be prouder.

3 comments:

rhymeswithplague said...

Congratulations to you AND Natalie. It takes a whole family to put a member through school.

Because I was reading at a rapid rate, I first thought you said Natalie was running a controversial German club. It stopped me in my tracks and I thought, "What could be controversial about running a German club?" -- then I read it again, more slowly, and saw that she ran a conversational German club.

I shall be reading more slowly from now on.

Yorkshire Pudding said...

That is so lovely Sam! You have every right to be proud of Natalie...but I bet you also wonder - where did those twenty seven years go?

Sam said...

Those 27 years are gone, YP, at least in one sense, but what memories. I have to say, I never had any doubt that she would get to this place....and beyond.

Rhymes -- if it's German, it IS controversial! And I say that in part because I am of German extraction, and in part because...well, I'm of German extraction.